A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind,as well as the body.

Benjamin Franklin

It’s YOUR life. When will you choose to truly live it?

Monday, July 9, 2012

Garage Sales

This summer I have been making head way with some items for the van. I haven't gotten her yet but it already its a she. In fact I may call her that "She" which in Australia it means Sheila. I am heavy into recycling and garage sales are a boon. I have gotten so far a big igloo for nightly and weekend food items. I got it for a whole 2 bucks!! Reason? No handle. Like I'm rolling it anywhere LOL. It has the sprout for water draining and cup holders which is perfect for me. 60 quarts.



This will sit between the 2 front seats. I also last year (at another garage sale) for 1 buck got a doubled walled styrofoam cooler which fits perfect inside for double(triple?)insulation. I bought a converter still in package for 2 bucks. Some thingie to hook furniture to the walls of the van. FREE 4 shelf collapsible shelf system. A wooden folding table(not cheap Walmart brand.... not that I don't like Walmart ...love it!)for 4 bucks. New double outlet new in box for 3 bucks. And summer is not over!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love finding treasures for cheap!!!

    Always one step closer to your dream! Keep going Michelle!

    www.tincanramblealong.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy. I have 46 days before I start to look for my van. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle! Good to read you're making good progress in your furnishing adventures. I like picking up junk as well and giving them new life. good luck with the van search and when you find her, be sure to get a pedal lock for added security.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recycling is win win for almost everyone. You know the saying one mans garbage is another's gold. Or something like that. I have to ask what is a pedal lock?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about no anonymous users. Too many spammers.